Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/10/09

Miscarriages and thickening of lining.

I have had 2 miscarriages this year after falling pregnant very easily, however; have been struggling since. I have gone to a specialist and have had AIH twice and he wants to go onto IVF. My question is that my periods have not been the same since the D + C (have had a hysterscopy to check for adhesions, etc - all clear), i start getting a slight discharge 7 days after i have ovulated and slowly the discharge gets darker, but never any blood and i have cramping about 8 days into this discharge, all together this period lasts about 12 days? I have a feeling it has to do with the lining of my womb not getting thick enough and therfore the light period, my fertility specialist said that he would prescribe eostrogen pills during this month of AIH to thicken it. I feel very nervous going ahead with IVF and spending R16 000 when the primary undelying problem is a lining that is too thin to sustain a pregnancy. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

The situation is usually a bit more complex than that. There are various reasons why you may not be getting pregnant and it may not necessarily be thin womb lining. periods also vary from time to time and more normal periods may ensue later.
Ask him why you are not getting pregnant and what is the indication for the IVF.