Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2004/01/28

MISCARRIAGE - WANT TO FALL PREGNANT

Dear Doc
I was 5 months pregnant and I had a miscarriage 3 months ago, this was my 3rd. I'm so scared as my dr told me that I might have another miscarriage. I would really like to fall pregnant soon, but what are the chances of me having another miscarriage? I don't know what the cause was of any of these miscarriages, blood tests were done to check me out, but not the baby/foetuses, so how will I ever know what caused me to miscarry as my blood tests all came back normal.
Could it be that my husband and I are just not a match, is there such a thing?

Apart from the blood tests, you could be having the miscarriages because of cervical incompetence and this can be checked for by measuring the cervix in your next pregnancy. If this were the case, a stitch might help. Incompatibilities between partners can sometimes cause miscarriages but this is quite hard to diagnose. What you should do is have your chromosomes and your husband's checked if this has not been done.