Question
Posted by: Lav | 2003/12/09

Miscarriage and intercourse

I had a miscarrigae about 3 years ago. I have since then had intercourse twice, which had proven to be too painful.. It is only when he reaches the very inside of me that i feel all the pain..Is there anything I can do to overcome this pain? Is it perhaps that I have not completly healed?

I have been to the gyni and all shows well

The painful intercourse should n ot be related to the miscarriage three years ago. If you have had achcek-up and no problem was found, Lucy lu could be right about it being psychological. You could start of trying different positions it see if this helps and also create a very romantic and relaxed atmosphere. I take it that you do not have a regular partner if you have only had intercourse twice in 3 years. This may also be contributing to your not being able to relax and enjoy sex.

1
Posted by: Lucy lu | 2003/12/10

It sounds like it could be a phsychological problem and not necessary physical, maybe your subconscience is worried about falling pregnant and miscarrying again and therefore you have a fear of sex. Are you making sure that you have lots of foreply and use ky jelly lubricant if necessary and I think maybe you should see a physchologist, maybe there are some hidden fears which need to be overcome. Three years is more than long enough to have healed physically.

Reply to Lucy lu