Question
Posted by: Ing | 2004/11/05

Miscarriage ??? 5/11/04

My period was about a week late (had all the pms symptoms though and have been under a bit of stress) - but the night before I started bleeding I was vomitting, had a runny tummy, felt feverish and very dizzy and faint. Didn't think much of it coz there have been tummy bugs going around. Then the next day all of a sudden I started to bleed quite heavily and had quite severe cramping and was passing big pieces of tissue.
I would like to know if it could have been a miscarriage and if I need to go and get it checked out with my gynae ? I am still bleeding quite heavily, have cramps and feel dizzy.
Thanks for any assistance you can give me - it is greatly appreciated.

You may not have ovulated in this cycle, which could account for the heavy bleeding and late period. However, a miscarriage is a possibility. If the bleeding continues longer than your usual period, you should see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Raine | 2004/11/06

You don't mention the date when the bleeding started, but if it still continues to be heavy one week after the commencement date, then you should consider making an appointment to see your gynaecologist. (Also ask him / her to prescribe an iron supplement, so that you don't become anaemic).

Reply to Raine