Posted by: Bronnie | 2008/10/22

I had a miscarriage on 8 weeks. It is now 7 weeks ago. My gynaecologist said I must wait 3 months before getting pregnant again. I had my first normal menstruation already. Is there any reason that I cannot fell pregnant now?

There is a higher chance of miscarriage in women who fall pregnant within 3 months of a miscarriage.

Posted by: Jan | 2008/10/23

I had the same....miscarriage at 7.5 wks, followed by a D &  C . I had 2 normal periods after, although very light ones.All the tme we were trying really hard to conceive again and I was dissappointed each time I got my period.After the 2nd period I did an ovulation test, and I am now 5 wks pregnant again.I beleive that I didn' t actually ovulate until after the 2nd period as my body was still adjusting from the D &  C. My alternative health practioner told me my uterus was still inflamed after my first period.So I would suggest to give your body time and maybe do an ovulation test to see if you are actually ovulating.I have read that it can take up to 6 mnths to start ovulating again after a miscarriage, especially if you are older(I' m 36).Hope that helps.

Reply to Jan
Posted by: JB | 2008/10/22

Some doctors believe it is too soon to start trying again after 1 month. I personally decided to wait for 3 months, because I felt that if I do get pregant again and if it happens that I have another miscarriage, then I was afraid that I might feel guilty by not waiting the recommended time.

Reply to JB
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/22

no, They just advise it. I also had a miscarriage 8 weeks ago and i' ve also had a normal period since. I" m also gonna start trying soon

Reply to Nix