Question
Posted by: Monkey | 2008/01/03

Miscarriage

Hi there,

I skipped 2 days of my oral contraceptive and started bleeding. I thought that my period had started and continued taking the contraceptive as usual. The problem is I have not stopped bleeding since. It started on christmas day and has been very heavy with alot of tissue. I had terrible cramps for the first 5 days and have been very lethargic and lazy since. I am concerned that I might be having a miscarriage and if that is the case I obviously need to see the gynae. My medical aid has run out and dont want to make an appointment if it is not necesary. Could I have possibly miscarried? The bleeding is still very heavy and lumpy and its day 10 now.

Thanks so much

If you took the Pill regularly before, it is unlikely that you would have fallen pregnant in the last 10 days. The bleeding is most likely related to the missed pills. If it is still heavy and does not settle soon though, you should see a doctor.