Question
Posted by: angie | 2005/07/28

miscarriage

Hi there! I wonder if you can help me. I am 27 yrs old and have a five yr old son. I had a miscarriage in 2002 at 6 wks. My progestrone levels were low. THe second miscarraige at 7 wks. My baby was dead for 2wks when i found out. Since then i have remarried and i am trying for another baby. SHould know next week if i am pregnant or not. My gynas says most miscarriages are cause by chromasones ( excuse my spelling) abnorbility. I am so scared of having another miscarriage. I so badly want another baby. Any advise??

Take folate tablets and see your gynaecologist as soon as you know that you are pregnant. He/she will be able to start progesterone if necessary.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2005/07/28

I had a miscarriage in January and the foetus was tested - no chromosomal abnormalities or any apparent cause. Get your doctor to check your progesterone levels as soon as you find out you're pregnant next time.

Hope all goes well

Nix
x

Reply to Nix
Posted by: muffin | 2005/07/28

I had 2 miscarriages then went on to have a healthy pregnancy 3rd time around. As Jessica says, its scary the 3rd time around, and now that I'm pregnant again, I have the same fears.
If you are worried discuss it with your dr. They do say most early mc's are because of chromosomal problems, but this does not really relate to the mom and dad, it means something went wrong in the fertilisation process.
Good Luck

Reply to muffin
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/28

Have your previous miscarraiges been witht the same partner? If so if you have another one I strongly suggest they do some more test to determine why they happened. It is scary to be preggies after a mc, but if you don't take the chance you'll never have another baby

Jessica

Reply to Jessica