Question
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/23

miscarriage

Hi doc,

I think this is a question I'd rather ask for you. Last year round about April I went to the clinic for the first time to go on the Pill. I aslo mentioned some of the ailments I was having at that time. They tested my bloodsugar, which was 5, and also my urine. They picked up proteins and liposomes in my urine. Before I went to the clinic, I had some headaches, light-headedness, but nothing very serious. Then I went on the pill, I started in the red. I never had my period. But just for incase I had a tampon in. I was still living with my parents before moving out into a flat with my fiance. Anyway. It was one Monday evening when I started to feel that the tampon is slipping out for some reason and no matter how much I pushed it back, it came out over again. Then I decided to take it out and then I found a very thick skin-like thing on the tampon. I opened it up, because I had to know what it was, and inside I found a liver-like thing. I don't really know how to explain it to you. But I'm trying my best. The skin had the colour of normal white skin. Then I started to panic. I never bled, never had a period, never had pains. Then this thing came out. I did put back another tampon. then I went to bath an hour or so after that. I went to the toilet first to take the tampon out. Then I went to go have nr. 1 and then something fell out of me. I looked into the toilet and I'm telling you that it was a very small fetus. It was about 3 1/2cm long.

I immediately knew I had a miscarriage, but the strange thing about everything is that I never bled, so why was this miscarriage clean and didn't hurt?

I never spoke about this to any doctor, so don't really know what exactly was going on. I know that I had a lot of stress and some mild depression in that stage.

Thanks for your help.

This is fairly unusual not to have bled at all but, if you are sure that it was a fetus you saw, then it sounds likely that you had a miscarriage. This should not affect anything that happens now. If you are still feeling depressed about it, perhaps you should see a counseller.

1
Posted by: teddy | 2004/01/23

My advise is please go see a Doctor before something Major happens to you.Tell your doctor everything i am sure you will get help.
Good Luck.

Reply to teddy