Question
Posted by: Dez | 2004/01/12

Miscarriage

We have been trying for 2 yrs to fall pregnant.
On 31st Dec I misscarried. In the beginning I took Yellow
fever, Hepatitis A vaccinations and I took Malaria
tablets until I found out that I was pregnant. Would that
have taken an affect on my pregnancy.
I had a D & C done on the 03 Jan do I need to go to
my gnae for a check up?

The vaccines probably did not cause the miscarriage. Malaria tablets could possibly have been responsible. If you haev stopped bleeding and have no pain, you probably don't need a check-up

5
Posted by: Tonya | 2004/01/13

Hi Dez,

I did go for a check up about 2 weeks after both my D&C's, but don't know if it is essential!
My doctor suggested waiting for my first period and then trying - I think this just makes it easier to work out when your fertile period is as well. Remember they reckon you fall pregnant easier after a D&C. In fact after both my D&C's, I fell pregnant within 4 months.
Go for it and enjoy and relax!

Tonya

Reply to Tonya
Posted by: Dez | 2004/01/13

Thanx Tonya and Still trying.
All the best to you.
Should we wait for awhile before trying again.

Reply to Dez
Posted by: HEALTHCARE | 2004/01/12

Do not despair as infertility can be successfully treated if the underlying factors are investigated and treated appropriately.

2004 may be a happy year for many of you. Just hang in there and seek professional help. Of course, all the encouragement and support from the forum writers is a big confidence booster.

For more info about my Natural Fertility Program, write to lotusway@mweb.co.za
(Complementary Healthcare Practitioner specialising in natural fertility programs)

Reply to HEALTHCARE
Posted by: Tonya | 2004/01/12

Hey guys hang in there! I had two miscarriages after two years of trying to fall pregnant and am now on my third pregnancy (only 11 weeks though).
These things happen for a reason - it might not be easy to understand it at the time but things will turn out for the best!

Reply to Tonya
Posted by: still trying | 2004/01/12

its comforting to know that you're not the only one out there going through this tough period. I miscarried on the 27 dec and did the D&C on the 29th. My gynae said I should come back mid jan for a check up, I've also been trying to conceive for 2 & a half yrs now.

Let keep the faith and hope for the best.

Good Luck on your next try!

Reply to still trying