Question
Posted by: Hitler | 2004/11/18

Miscarage 6 weeks

I have had my second miscarage in 3 months. The first one i lost at six weeks but i did not know that i was pregnant until i started bleeding and had pain in the lower back. This was my first pegnancy. My second one i had was 2 weeks ago, i found out early, went for my scan i was 5.5 weeks but when i hit 6.5 weeks i had my second miscarage again what could be the reson for this. My doctor can not tell me, he said it is to early to tell but i am scared to fall pregnant again and go through all that again. Please help

There are many possible causes for recurrent miscarriages, including diabetes, anticardiolipin syndrome, genetic disorders. I'd suggest you ask your doctor to do some investigations.

Bst wishes

2
Posted by: PG Lady | 2004/11/19

I also had 2 miscarriages before. One at 8 weeks and one at 10 weeks. I am now pregnant for the third time and at 22 weeks. We did all the blood tests and everything came back normal (genetics etc). My gynae did a hystoscope and picked up a septum in my uterus (like a small growth) and cut it out this was in March. I fell preggies in July and this time (touch wood) i have been fine so far. So it might be a good idea to get something like that checked out before you try again.

Reply to PG Lady
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/11/18

Hitler, I am so sorry for your loss, a lot of the ladies who frequent this site know how you're feeling (me included). My heart goes out to you and I hope your gynaecologist is able to shed some light on the issue for you.
Take care.

Reply to Jane1