Question
Posted by: Debdeb | 2008/05/23

Mirena worries

I've had the Mirena in for 2 years and had it removed a week ago because my husband and I want to have a baby. I had no problems or side effects while using the Mirena at all and was 100% happy with it!
I've been doing a lot of research on the internet about falling pregnant after the removal of the Mirena and I've only come across negative blogs and horror stories about women really battling to fall pregnant. I'm worried that by using the Mirena I've potentially increased my chances of having a miscarriage and decreased my chances of falling pregnant! I'm beside myself with worry based on what i've read. Can you shed any positive light on my situation? Thank you!

The Mirena does not affect fertility of miscarriages. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.

2
Posted by: Me | 2008/05/24

I had my mirena removed end of Jan 08 and I am still not pregnant, not even with help of fertility drugs.
I had bleeding problems after removal as I bled without stop My gynae did a D& C in Feb to help stop the bleeding. Stil struggling with cicles of between 11days and 23 days.
I am seeing a Fertility specialis now. Did not have any problem falling pregnant with my two sons before I had the mirena inserted.
Best of luck to you 2 ladies

Reply to Me
Posted by: just wondering | 2008/05/23

I feel your pain. I did the same thing. Had merina for 2 years and took it out a bit more than a month ago to fall pregnant. Nothing yet, but it might be to early. In the time that I had the merina I bled for 3 weeks, very light though like spotting, then I had one week to 10 days off. This month I have had no bleeding from the 1st of May till today. Today I have blood, but its brown? Hope its normal. I would like to know the same thing. Will it take a long time for me to fall pregnant? Hope all is well.

Reply to just wondering