Question
Posted by: end of tether | 2005/07/11

Mirena problems

I am 33 years old. I have had a mirena coil fitted for appr. four years. When it was fitted the coil that was already in place could not be found and remove. I was told that it would be fine to have two coils. It took a full year for it to settle-during which I spotted almost continuously. Now three years later I have started to spot three weeks out of every four. And this weekend after having sex with my husband-have started bleeding, heavy at first but much less now. Unfortunatly I have run out of medical aid this year(spent on my daughter). My husband does not see this as his problem. I really don't know what to do, I can't carry on like this. Do you think that the family planning clinic could help. I am scared that removing them will be very painful because it was agonising when they tried to find and remove the old one.
Some advice would be appriciated. Thanks.

=

You need to see a doctor about this. You can go to a Family Planning clinic.