Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/02/26

Mirena - Painful

Dear CyberDoc,

I am hopin ghtat you can help, I prefer your input more than the gynae doc.

I had the Mirena inserted 3 days ago, I didn't go into theatre, it was done by my gynea in his rooms. I have severe pains and nausea and it hasn't subsided. My gynae said it could be because I haven't had children as yet. I did have a miscarraige about 5 years ago at 4 months and I am not too sure if this would effect it at all.

Please could you advise if I should be concerned at all and if not when can I expect the pain to start subsiding.

Thank you for your much needed response.

Dear Carol
Try an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen or Myprodol and Valoid, but if you also have fever and a tender tummy ( you can't press on your lower stomach) , you need to go back to the gyne or your GP asap as you may have infection.