Posted by: Mimi | 2008/09/08

Mirena-no previous children

Is it adviseable to get a mirena if you have never had children before? Is the chances of rejection and side effects more without any previous pregnancy?

It is fine to have it, just more painful for the insertion.

Best wishes,

Posted by: ? | 2008/09/09

I haven' t had kids and I just had the Mirena put in last week. No problems. Obviously it will be more sore because you' re tighter, and trust me when I say it' s sore to put it in. But the pain lasts a day, and the next day you' re back to normal.

So far, with regards to side effects, I' ve had bloated stomach, which is getting better now, while I was bloated I was quite moody, which is also getting better now, and irregular bleeding which is apparently normal. So so far, so good...I would recommend it.

Reply to ?
Posted by: A | 2008/09/09

It' s fine to get the Mirena if you haven' t had children. The only difference there will be is that the insertion could be a little more uncomfortable. I' ve had it for four months and it hasn' t caused me any problems.

Reply to A