Question
Posted by: kes1 | 2007/04/13

Mirena - Irregular Bleeding

I had a Mirena inserted Last April and after 6 weeks of spotting, my periods stopped completely.

I have not had a period in 8 months, but 2 weeks ago I started having excruciating cramps and heavy bleeding with large blood clots. This lasted more than a week. My GP just prescribed pain medication.

I can only get an appointment with my gynae next week and this morning the bleeding and cramps started again.

Any advice please?

Try Ponstan in the meantime. Youn will have to see your gynaecologist to find out what the problem is.