Question
Posted by: Yas | 2008/01/28

MIRENA DEVICE

Hi Im 35yrs old had mirena fitted in beginning of Dec 07. Insertion was very painful and the pain lasted a week. then subsided. Got period on 31 Dec 07 and has not stopped since Saturday 26.01.08. Dr prescribed Othoest to balance my hormones and then last week gave in an antibiotic. I have terrible bloatedness, tender breasts. Does this happen everytime I get a period. Shouldn't the mirena device help reduce the flow. I have already being sterlised 2 years now and have had very heavy bleeding and painful cramps and the dr suggested the mirena.

Don't know what to do. I feel like removing it. But what would be my next option for the heavy and clotting bleeding and cramps.

Should I consider a hysterectomy.

Yas

It takes several months for the Mirena to have an effect. I would suggest that you be patient and wait a bit longer.

3
Posted by: nicky | 2008/10/22

.

Reply to nicky
Posted by: Sexy | 2008/08/25

hi guys, I need to get mirena in. I need advice on where to get it and indication of cost.

Reply to Sexy
Posted by: Yas | 2008/03/25

Since Jan I have been seeing my gyn regularly (every 3/4 weeks). Anyway the bleeding has not stopped once since then not even spotting. It is just a continuous period. Last week I told my gyn that the anemia has worsened and that the fatigue is worse than ever and no multivitamins non iron tabs seem to be changing anything. i last visit beginning of March he suggested D&C or ablation and then he said maybe best hysterectomy. After all this bleeding I thinks its the best solution coz no meds have help and now there are cysts on both ovaries and I am in extreme discomfort all the time, especially when I sit and my job entails alot of sitting.

Anyway, the gyn called a suggested we remove mirena first b4 hysterectomy. The bleeding and clotting has gotten worse since I started a period in December 2007. It seems as though I am shedding myself from inside and pass out alot of chunks. Could this be anyting else. Extremely worried and now I have been having severe dizziness on and off every other day.

Please advice what I should suggest the dr do.

Reply to Yas