Posted by: need advice | 2004/10/21

mirena contraceptive - whom should one see

Most family planning clinics only provide the pill and injection. Where should I go to get more information about the loop (Mirena specifically), such as costs and how it is inserted?
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Hope Nuffing's answer helps you.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: need advice | 2004/10/21

Thanks nuffing! Those were the questions I needed answering.

Reply to need advice
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/10/21

You'll need to go to a gynae for a mirena, they are quite expensive too, mine cost R1500, plus about R400 for the gynae to insert it and check the placement with an ultrasound.

I'm sorted for 5 years though, so it does balance out .

Reply to Nuffing

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.