Question
Posted by: JR | 2006/03/30

Mirena before having a child

Hi Doc,

I have heard that most gynie's are against the Mirena for women that have not had children. Apparently it is very painful to insert.

However, I know of three women that had it done before having kiddies and although they say it was very painful and that they experienced some uncomfort for a few days, still are are generally very happy.

What is your opinion on this?

Any ladies that had the Mirena inserted before having kids?

JR

There has been a change in that we do occasionally insert the Mirena into patients who have not had kids.

1
Posted by: MIckey | 2006/04/03

I had the Mirena inserted before I had children. It was quite painful but after a day or two everything was OK. I had it in for three years and was very happy with it. I will definately have it put in again after my baby is born.

Reply to MIckey