Question
Posted by: worried | 2008/02/05

Mirena and Pregnancy

What is the chances of me being pregnant although I've got a mirena? I've had it for 2 years now and it's definitely still in because I can still feel the strings but I think I might be pregnant, How would I know? What would be the signs since my period stopped 2 years ago along with the insertion of the mirena. I know it may sound crazy but I think I might be pregnant because I'm a very skinny persn but lately I've been gaining weight on my lower abdomen. thighs and hips. Last night when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror I could swear it looks like I'm pregnant. Sorry I know it sounds silly but I'm really concerned, I have not changed my diet or exercising routines so I can't think of any other reason for this. Thank you for your advice in this regard

The only way to know if you are pregnant is to do a pregnancy test. All contraceptives have a failure rate but it is very low.

2
Posted by: worried | 2008/02/06

I did not pick up any any weight the first year and a half with the mirena in so I doubt it's the mirena that caused my weight gain but I know it has happened to othet woman

Reply to worried
Posted by: annie | 2008/02/05

Hi, I have had the mirena 4 months,I have also picked up weight ,have terrible mood swings(pms) could my body think that I am in my menopause I am only 36.

Reply to annie