Posted by: TCL | 2008/10/07

Mirena and 7 days bleeding - 3y 9m in

I am just concerned, I have had this for just under 4 years, and for a long time, I had minor spotting or not even any. I don' t really have a clue where I am on my cycle. I have been bleeding for 7 days now, on and off, which is not normal for me with the Mirena. Other than this, I don' t have any pain or other simptoms. Do I have to be concerned? Just as I think it has stopped, its starts again. Just to mention, I have lost weight, naturally, about 6kgs in 2 months. Could this have an effect?

Spotting from time to time on the Mirena is quite common. It is not related to weight loss.

Posted by: TCL | 2008/10/08

It did happen yes for about 2 weeks. All in all I would say it took about 9 months to settle down. During this time, I had pregnancy like symptoms. But now, its a walk in the park. Except for bad skin, I don' t have any other problems.

Reply to TCL
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/07

I' m in the opposite boat...I' ve just had it put in, and been bleeding since - for one month and one week! Oh and add to that some period pains. Did this happen to you when you had yours put in?

Reply to ?