Question
Posted by: tazz | 2007/06/11

mirena - 7 months down the line

after having my mirena put in last novemeber, i was very happy - had occasional spotting / light bleeding. so it was all great. now all of a sudden, 7 months later - i'm having a proper period, medium bleeding. it started on saturday - so far, been 3 days. but this has not happened in those last 7 months. so i'm worried that it's not normal... ?
this was my first stop, because my gynae asks R400 for a consultation and i really can't afford that - and then she probably will just tell me it's normal ..
but is it ?
pls advise doc !
thank you!

Mirena in most women causes the period to disappear completely.Rarely some women have a period within the first year. Perhaps there has also been a change in your lifestyle that has caused this bleed becasue of fluctuation in hormones.