Question
Posted by: Fatty | 2008/01/23

Mirena

I had the Mirena inserted last year Januay. Since then I've picked up 15kg's even though my diet has improved and my excercise has increased! Before I had the Mirena out in I was steadily losing weight and was back to a size 36. I've no gone up to a size 42 and my weight keep increasing! I also experience stabbing pains in my pelvic area but when I consulted my Gynie about this she said its IBS. I've had IBS since I was 13 so I know the difference between cramps. What should I do?

The Mirena should not be causing the pains. It would be unusual for it to be the cause of the weight gain, but it is possible. The only way to know would be to have it removed.