Question
Posted by: Demi | 2007/05/11

Mirena

HI DOC,U ANSWERD MY PREV Q,AND SAID MIRENA CAN TAKE THE PERIOD AWAY AND HELP ME LOSSE SOME KILOS,HOWEVER I READ ON PREV QUETIONS AND MOST PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE HEAVY PERIODS,AND THEE MIRENA SHOULD BE INSERTED WHILE ON PERIODS.HOW.CAN I BE SURE

It is the copper IUDs that can cause heavy periods, not Mirena. The main reason for IUCDs to be inserted during periods is to be sure thatv you are not pregnant at the time of insertion.

2
Posted by: ex mirena user | 2007/05/13

it can take your periods away, but the weight thing... i picked up 22kg, headaches every day, abdominal pain, acne, heart pulpitatins, hairloss, the most horrible mood swings, check out www dot curezone dot com go to forums and look at mirena iud side effects, there are thousands of postings from woman with the same side effects, don't just take my word for it. i had mine in for two years and had it removed 24 hrs after finding this site. i'm much beter now.

Reply to ex mirena user
Posted by: marna | 2007/05/11

Demi,

I had my Mirena inserted just after having my period. It is more preferrable during menstruation as your cervix is a little bit more open. My periods stopped altogether after 2 months and i did not gain any weight. But it differs from female to female if your period is going to stop. With that there is no guarantees. Even my gynae told me that.
Hopes this help.
Marna

Reply to marna