Question
Posted by: Halley | 2007/02/13

Mirena

Hi Doc,

I had the Mirena fitted 2 weeks ago. I have been feeling fine until 2 days ago. I feel a bit of discomfort, first on my right side of womb & now my left. I am concerned, do you think I may be ovulating? Not sure if this is normal. Thanks

If it is two weeks since your last epriod, then it would be the time for ovulation. If this is the case, the discomfort should disappear within 24 hours.

1
Posted by: Anail | 2007/02/15

Hi Halley
Had a Mirena put in about 18 months ago. The first few months I suffered from pain in my sides but my gynae contributed this to ovulation. He also said that with the Mirena some women are more likely to develop cysts, which could also be causing the pain However, all these problems have since been sorted out and I haven't looked back. Getting the Mirena was the best thing I ever did. No more heavy periods - in fact, I haven't had a period in more than a year!

Reply to Anail