Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2005/06/01

Mirena

I have had the mirena in for a year now and I am not happy with it at all. I am having problems with my skin and I am gaining weight. I was thinking of having it removed and having a hestorectomy because I suffer with endometriosis and dont want to have to keep on going back into hospital to have the cists removed. Do you think it is possible for me to have a tummy tuck at the same time as the hestorectomy.

Endometriosis is not the same as cysts, so I am not sure which you have. A hysterectomy will not help your endometriosis. You would have to have your ovaries removed as well and this would make you menopausal.

2
Posted by: Carrie | 2005/06/02

The mirena has so many negative effects. I wish my doctor had told me about them before I had it in. I picked up a fortune of weight with it. I've had it out now and slowly but surely everything is returning to normal.

Blondie, I don't know if its possible to have an elective hysterectomy. I know my doc won't do it.

Reply to Carrie
Posted by: princepessa | 2005/06/01

The mirena is a freakin pile of horseshit. I hate it. I look like I"m pregnant anyway from all the weight I've put on, so I may as well just cut to the chase, take it out and fall pregnant. At least that way I have a reason for being fat. I"m having mine taken out as soon as I can get an appointment. Well done for lasting a year with it though!! I"m on six months and pulling my hair out!! Oh, hold on - I don't have to pull my hair out, it's falling out all on it's own!!!!!

*breathe in, breathe out*. Vent for the day.

Reply to princepessa