Question
Posted by: moony | 2004/11/24

Mirena

I'm 20 and would like a more reliable method of contraception. I always forget to take the pill and this has caused some stress for me. I've never been pregnant so they say the Mirena isn't the best choice for me. What do you recommend? My docter says she doesnt see a problem with fitting me with one but it will be a tight squeeze. I would prefer the Mirena since your periods are much lighter. If I'm not on the pill my periods lasts about 8 days and is very heavy with a lot of pain.

You could use the injectable. The Mirena is quite thick so might be difficult to fit in you without a general anaesthetic.