Question
Posted by: Joey | 2007/03/06

Mirelle

My gynae has just changed me from Yasmin to Mirelle - saying that the Mirelle is a lower dosage of oestrogen than Yasmin.

Then I went to the pharmacy and they said it was stronger????

Which is it?

Am I more likey to put on weight with Mirelle?

Mirelle has a lower dose of oestrogen than Yasmin. The weight gain will vary from person to person.

7
Posted by: Bianca | 2016/06/02

Hi Everyone, I just moved from triphasil to mirelle and am on my 2nd week of the mirelle. I've been bleeding and giving off a dark brown discharge for the last week. Is this normal? How long can I expect this to carry on for?

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: ci | 2015/03/29

What do u do when u start mentruating before the silver section. Do u carry on or start a new pack

Reply to ci
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/11

Hi I use to be on a contraceptive pill but it unfortunately made me gain weight. My gynae recommended me Mirelle as well. Im getting married in 4 months time. My question is, it helps with keeping down the weight but is it effective enough to prevent pregnancy?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/11

Posted by: Joey | 2007/03/06

Hi Zee

Luckily I have not had weight gain on Yasmin - I was actually quite happy on it.

The gynae is changing me because my periods were getting shorter and short - last month 2 days of light bleeding.

I was on Yasmin for 1.5 years and no side effecys ay all - all my friends are on it too.

Hope you find one that works for you!

Reply to Joey
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/06

I was on all 3 pills in this scheuring range from high to low (Femodene, Melodene & Mirelle). Mirelle is a low dose pill, meaning it has a very low oestrogen content.
Due to it's low content you should be less likely to gain weight on it, but everyone is different and it can take a while to find the right one. Hang in there:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Zee | 2007/03/06

Good Day joey,

i am glad that you asked this Question? i am currently on Triphasil and i have been putting on a lot of weight. i had my annual check-up with my Gynea and he prescribed Mirelle for me as well....he did mention that it is the lowest dose on the market. i also enquired about Yasmin as i read up on it....but he advised me against it. he said that we will start on the lowest dose and if that did not agree, then we will be able to move up.

may i ask you, why you were advised to stop the Yasmin pill? were you putting on weight with this pill?

i am about two weeks away from finishing my triphasil pack....and then i will be moving over to the Mirelle Pill. Hopefully, this agrees with me....

i hope someone will be able to help us!

thanks and have a wonderful day further

Zee

Reply to Zee