Question
Posted by: Miems | 2004/01/20

Mini hysterectomy

Can you please tell my how successful is the mini hysterectomy where only the lining of the uterus is removed? Can all gynae's do it? Is it dangerous? Is it successful to stop periods? Thanks

This procedure is about 80% effective. In other words, in 20% of cases it does not work. It has risks like all operations which your doctor will be able to explain to you. Not all gynaecologists can do it as it needs special training.

2
Posted by: Jane | 2014/01/10

I have a prolapse and heavy periods will the mini hysterectomy be the right choice thanks

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Karen | 2013/11/22

I had one four years ago and have not had a period since which is brill. Had a general as a day case just need to rest felt shattered for a good two weeks but was soon on my feet again

Reply to Karen