Question
Posted by: cams | 2004/11/09

Minesse Pill

Thank you for your reply regarding Minesse. I am a bit worried that it is not working as I have started my period while still taking the active pills (I should only get it in about 10 days time). When I changed from Triphasil to Minesse, I missed the inactive pills as instructed and therefore did not have my period for that month. Could this be the reason for my "mid-cycle" period. Would you suggest I go back onto Triphasil. Why do people think Triphasil is not the right pill to be using????

The fact that you are having a breakthrough bleed does not mean that you are unsfae. Your cycle should stabilise in the next month or two. I would not suggest that you chop and change pills. Stick with Minesse for at least 3 months now. I don't know why you were changed from Triphasil. Perhaps due to side effects? Many women use it without any problems.

19
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/06

Does anyone know if vaginal thrush is a side affect of minesse??

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/02

I am a Minesse user. Doctor prescribed to me in 2011 and have been on it ever since. It will take your body at least a month or so to regulate as I got my period twice in the first month of use and my cycle corrected itself after that. I have very few side effects, still get breast tenderness though. Apart from that I really have no complaints regarding this pill. But be sure to take it at night around the same time every time as it made me drowsy when I tried to take it every morning. But every woman response differently to medication so note what works for you. But I myself am really satisfied with this Pill.

Posted by: bharati | 2016/06/16

my period is not regular doctor suggest me minesse its really work for regullar period?

Reply to bharati
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/02

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback about the minesse pill? Someone's who's taken it for more than 3 months thank u!!

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/26

hi,any positive results from taking Minesse? Ive just been given a script for it,worried about weight gain.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/02

Posted by: zama | 2015/08/31

Hi I was used the naristarate injection for 1 year, I stop it coz I need to get pregnant Bt my cycle wasn't normal I went to the doctor Bt he was gave a miness to help get my period to normal does this will help me? Plz I need to know

Reply to zama
Posted by: zama | 2015/08/31

Reply to zama
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/24

I changed to minesse and experience abdominal pain. Should i rather use triphasil i cnt remember having problems with it.

Posted by: Elizabeth | 2015/07/28

I started on Minesse in the red section ( white pills ) about half way through. On day 3 my period started, very heavy and have now taken 3rd yellow pill but still on cycle.Is this right? I am worried about weight gain, desperately trying to lose weight, succeeding so far but now on Minesse.

Reply to Elizabeth
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/22

I am on Minesse, on the last white pill and still did not get my period. i know i cant be pregnant, does the period cycle take so long on minesse.i am on my 3rd pack now

Posted by: adriana | 2015/04/22

Hi i have bee on menesse for the past 3 years and stopped using them 2 days ago, i want to conceive, how long will it take for me to get pregnant

Reply to adriana
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/12

Hi I'm getting married on the 28th of this month,i started taking minesse pills today,how long does it normally takes for a pill to be active.am I safe? Thank you.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/11

Hi there I was previously on Yaz and have changed to Minesse now. My last pill from my Yaz pack was an active tablet in the silver section, i then started the new pack of minesse from the red section which was yesterday and it fell on the inactive tablet. I have read the pack and think i was supposed to start on the active tablet for tuesday. Does anyone know about the change from one contraceptive to another and if so, what do i do if i did take the wrong tablet? Thanks :)

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/26

Hi,I've just been given a script for Minesse as I think Yaz had decreased my libido considerably(5yrs on it). Im very worried about weight gain,have you gained weight on Minesse? Has it been better for you compared to Yaz?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/03

I've been on minesse for 4 months and for the first three I had extremely light periods... all of which range from about 2hours to 12. I was meant to have a period recently but did not have one and I have been back on the active tablets for a week now. I took a pregnancy tests and it was negative. I am concerned as to why my periods where so light prior to this and why I have no skipped a period. I was on yas prior to minesse for about 2 years and my changed by my urologist due to persistent bladder infections. Please help. Rather concerned!

Posted by: samantha | 2014/05/20

Hi there. I have also changed to minesse. I would just like to know if minesse is a good contraceptife. Is it more likely to fall pregnant with minesse than other pills? Or is minesse just as strong as triphacil and nordette? Thanx

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/20

I have been on nordette, wich is oralcon now for more than 7 years, my mood swings was really bad. My doctor changed me from oralcon to minesse. And also put me on espiride tablets wich is anti depressants. Eversince I have been on minesse I skiped my period 2 months now. I'm not pregnant, but really worried where is the blood going to. How long will it take for my cycle to be k to mal again? I have been on triphasil 5years. Nordette bout 7 and minesse now 2 months. Due to mood swinhgs I get. Thank you

Posted by: cams | 2004/11/10

To Gynaedoc: Thank you so much for the reply. I had been told Triphasil was not a very good contraceptive pill and thus changed to Minesse as per my doctors advise. I will stay on Minesse from now on and again, thank you, you have been most helpful.

Reply to cams