Question
Posted by: jo | 2004/11/12

minerva+acne how long to results

my GP put me on minerva for my acne and because other contraceptives(incl the injections)give me headaches and nausea,
i would like to know how long it takes before i see results in my skin and is there anything else i use to help get rid of my acne(i have it on my face,shoulders arms,and back)is minerva an effective bith control?this is really effecting my life-im to embarrased to wear shortsleeve tops,it is also effecting my love life-i would love to feel more comfortable with myself.
please help im really desperate!!!

Jo, it can take up to 3 months to start having an effect. You can also use a topical preparation like Differen® gel.
Minerva® is as effective as any other contraceptive pill. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Anni | 2004/11/12

Hi Jo,
I saw a big difference after about 6 weeks. And don' worry, it is as good a contraceptive as all the others!

Reply to Anni