Question
Posted by: Doreen | 2007/11/30

Mind of abuser, continued

I am done with marriage counsellors. It is time to put all learnt skills to life. He attended his therapy and those sessions, he must put those in practise for us to make us work better again. I have enough life skills to look after myself. I learn from my experiences. To hell with therapy or marrriage counselling. I am never seeing a marriage counsellor coz I am comfortable with myself.

my partying is not a sin and you cannot expect me to sit with a grumply man who expects us to behave like a super old couple, I am young and if he is not game for sun stuff then I will do whatever it takes to make me happy!

Absolutely right that no form of counselling is of the slightest value unless the individual particupates sincerely, with a genuine intention of changing for the better, and puts into direct life practice whatever they have learned in the counselling sessions. ANd in marriage counselling, that clearly has to apply to BOTH partners. But I am curious about the defiant statement : "To hell with therapy or marrriage counselling. I am never seeing a marriage counsellor coz I am comfortable with myself." From what I recall of your previous message, I would think that being far too comfortable with yourself is your problem ( and a major problem for anyone who was unwise enough to love you ) and will increasingly obviously be your tragedy in life. <br>You seem to take no responsibility whatever for your actions. You are not young. You are behaving, pathetically, like someone 10 to 20 years younger than you are. No, your partying isn't a sin, it's a truly pathetic tragedy, a life devoted to emptiness and worthless activity. Maybe if you bothered to treat your husband and children ( I notice you barely mention them, presumably they'd just spoil the endless party ? ) with real respect, you could find they're not grumply or dull. <br>Unless you change ( and you won't till you have the courage to face the selfish and empty person you have become ) you are destined, much sooner than you think, to be a bitter, sad and very lonely older person.

1
Posted by: anon | 2007/11/30

Doreen, if this is not a hoax and you feel the way you do, after all you do have a choice in life.<br><br>It seems though you are in denial. What you accuse your husband of being abusive, but look within yourself at your behaviour, from your first post, the way you have been behaving, has been abusive.<br><br>By not taking responsibility for your own actions and putting the blame on someone else, is very immature. Until such time you can be honest and truthful with yourself and stop comparing yourself with other people, like your single friends, they are single, you are not, you will miss the whole plot.<br><br>Good luck to you.

Reply to anon