Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/03/28

Milo

Hi dietdoc

Been reading in the archives about Milo, most of the forum readers drink it at night before bed. I would love to drink it in the mornings Half low fat milk / Hot Water + Sweetner + 20 mg of Milo (is that about 2 spoons of MIlo)?

I am hardly ever hungry in the morning and usually snack on a rusk and half a cup of tea.

I would love to rather drink a cup of milo and then later when I am more hungry eat about 30g of Oats.

Would the Milo drink make me fat? I am not overweight but I do need to lose about 2 kg.

Dear Kasandra
I think you mean 20g of Milo? this is 4 teaspoons or about 1 1/2 tablespoon. There is no reason why you cannot drink it in the morning, but from what you say your breakfasts don't sound very balanced? Try having oats and fat-free yoghurt, wholewheat or seed loaf toast and honey with the Milo to give you more energy for the day after the 12 hour fast overnight. 20g of Milo only contains 75 kJ so it will not cause weight gain.
Enjoy