Question
Posted by: NONO | 2007/06/05

MILLROY DEASES AND PREGNANCY

about 15 year ago i was diagnised with the Millroy deases, that is both my feet have been swollen since i was abou 14. i am now 29 and would like to start a family. what problems will i encounter? is it safe to fall pregnant. please help me i am worried of what this deases will impact my chances of carrying a child.

Sometimes this is heriditary. It may be possible to pick this up on ultarsound though it cannot be guaranteed.
In addition, if your legs are very swollen and there is venous stasis, you might be at higher risk for leg clots. As long as you inform you doctor so that the appropriate treatment can be given, it should be safe to fall pregnant.