Question
Posted by: BT | 2004/11/05

Millan Test

Hi CS and anyone else,
Will try to keep this as short as possible. CS, I received the test results of the Millan Test yesterday, it was actually quite scary and eye opening. I had high scores in most things, no wonder I am such a mess, but ja, we will work through it. He added that my non disclosure was high, I didn't disclose as much as should have, the Bipolar score was below the 75 but he said it was also higher than most thus he thought it should be closer to 84. I am confused to some extent and ja. A lot of the scores were the top scores, Borderline Personality Disorder, Dysthymic as previous mentioned, Substance Abuse, Avoidant, Schizoid (Extreme of Avoidant), Narcisitic, Sadistic, Aggressive, Passive Agressive (a lot of aggression) -- this to me seems a lot......there were more.
How does one cope with this info without flipping? He added that I am extremely vulnerable at the moment, not a good time for bf to leave. I don't want to tell bf, what now?

OK, chill. There are many different varieties of such tests, none of them definitive, and the Millan isn't the be-all and end-all of wisdom ; but one's usually best guided by whatever test your shrink uses most often, and is thus most familiar with interpreting. What you're confronting in those results isn't a legal sentence, but a summary of how you described yourself when completing the test. That's useful to know and work with, but not a definition of inevitability. And generally, I find that it's significant in itself, when a person gets high scores across many different diagnostic and personality subptests, suggesting that the person tends to see things, especially themselves, in extremes rather than moderately.
This will probably not be wholy new info to your therapist, but will be usable to formulate the best approach to enabvle you to get this right. Keep up the good work,.

1
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/05

All those description and results do seem scary. I can imagine wanting to flip hearing all that kind of stuff, but I have been thinking that chances are the underlying issue to the various disorders are pretty much the same thing, so finding those issues, whether they are emotional or chemical, will help ALL or most of those disorders. After realising that, I thought I'd share that, so that you don't feel too overwhelmed by it all.

Reply to Chelle