Question
Posted by: Liz | 2003/03/04

milk in breasts

I had an ectopic pregnancy which was removed when baby was 7 weeks developed. Now, 3 months later I have very little, but enough to came out when my nipples are stimulated, milk in my breasts. Is this normal - when will it clear up? Both my fallopion tubes are damaged but blood tests reveal that there was no antibodies to any of the illnesses that causes PID. I also did not suffer from endiometreosis, abnormal period bleeding or painful intercause. What else could have caused it then?

If you continue stimulating your breasts, you will continue to produce milk. Try to avoid touching them at all and the milk should dry up.
You could have had PID even though the antibodies are negative. This is not really a good test for past disease. In the absence of endometriosis, this would be the most likely cause. Another cause could be intra-abdominal infection secondary to appendicitis or some other bowel infection or surgery.