Question
Posted by: GeeGee | 2007/05/01

Migranes and Ibuprofen

I get migranes quite often - and tension headaches more recently. i drink alot of water, more than 2litres a day. i get a headache at least 3times a week. i find the only thing that helps take them away is Ibuprofen. but i know that doctors dont like you to take alot of it because it weakens the stomach lining. I have IBS and have been told my stomach lining is already not very strong. i dont want to take anything in large doses that would make it worse. is there something else similair to ibuprofen i can take>? and how much is okay to take?

Dear GeeGee
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroid anti-inflammatory - all the pills in this group will cause stomach irritation. You can lessen the effect by taking it after eating or using 5 ml Ulsanic before you take the pill. 400mg 3 times a week would probably not cause any hassles.