Question
Posted by: wannabemom | 2005/06/28

Migrains and Pregnancy

I am 7w 4d pregnant today. I feel a terrible migrain coming on and don't know if I can take anything, or how to make it better before it becomes worse.

I had a miscarraige in august last year and a week before the miscarriage I also had a terrible migrain. Are there any connection between the 2? Should I be worried now that I feel a migrain coming again?

Lin is right. There is no connection betwwwn migraines and miscarriage.

2
Posted by: Sanet | 2005/06/29

I also used to get them on a monthly basis before my pregnancy, and during the first trimester it got worse. There is absolutely nothing you can take for it, no need to take panados as it won't help. Just lie down and try to sleep. I eventually went to a physiotherapist for a few sessions, after about 4 weeks they totally disappeared, so I can't tell if it is due to the sessions (she did a treatment called cranio sacral therapy), or if it was just caused by certain hormones. Good luck anyway, I know exactly what you're going through.

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: Lin | 2005/06/28

I also get migrains and now that I'm pregnant it seems as if I get more than usual. I told my gynae about it and he said that I'm allowed to take one Panado. If your migrains are as bad as mine, you'll know that one Panado wont help for the pain - so I just go home and try to sleep it off. Good Luck.

Reply to Lin