Posted by: Ninja | 2008/01/17

MIGRAINES & Spastic colon

I am only 24 years old but am finding it harder and harder to get through the month without having to retire to the bed either due to a migraine (yes, the real thing) or due to a spastic colon. It is hampering with my daily functioning at work and home. Yes, I have a lot of stress - I work and am a postgraduate student, but that isn't so bad. Many people deal with much more stress, successfully. Please help-should i see a GP or a Neurologist, or a chiropractor, or a psychologist, or a dietician??? Also, are there any practicle steps i can take til then? Thank you for your devotion and help with this site.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Ninja
I think you should see a psychologist to teach you stress management techniques, and a neurologist to help you manage the headaches, and probably a gastro enterologist with his dietician to manage the spastic colon. Although I suspect that if you handle your stress better, you would probably have less bowel and headache symptoms altogether.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Raz | 2008/09/26

help me find out WHATTTTT FOOOD to eat please!!!!

Reply to Raz

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.