Question
Posted by: nicci | 2007/05/01

Migraines and low matabolism

This is a two in one question. Last year i underwent major stress and developed my first migraine ever. I'm 25 and since then i get a migrain even with the milder stressers- at least once a month! is it possible to prevent them? What causes them? I am quite poor though so cannot go for special treatments of any nature.
Qu. 2. I have a very slow matabolism. My bowels only seem to work every 2-4 days. Is there anything i can take to make me more regular without being a heavy laxative? I eat musli or all bran flakes every morning? I've picked up 18kg's in 5 years!

Dear Nicci
Try cutting down on sugar drastically, use something like Laxotabs to get your tummy going and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Try and get some exercise ( just walking for 20 min per day is enough and you can break it up in 2 shorter periods). Please describe the headaches you are getting: where do you feel it in your head, is it pressing, throbbing, stabbing? Do you see light flashes or have nausea? Do you have sore neck muscles? ( answer in the post a question box)