Question
Posted by: Yolandi | 2004/11/15

Migraines and Headache constantly

Hi, I am a migraine sufferer and has gotten quite use to it. I would only get a migraine once or twice a month, but recently I can't seem to get rid of them. In the beginning of the year I started to do aerobics in the morning from 5-6. I the winter I swopped to doing it in the evenings now ever since I started to do them in the moring again I seem to get a migraine. It starts in the right back side of my neck moves right through to my right eye. It is a constant pain that would last all day. I am on lentogesic and spasmed but nothing seems to work. Is it possible that my morining aerobics session is giving me the headache? And why wont it break. A cluster headache only lasts about 45min. I have been to my GP and he said that my headache are premenstural, but I cannot be premenstural the whole month. Please if you can, tell me what you think. Thank you Yolandi

Yolandi, it might be that your aerobics sessions induce low blood sugar and that this triggers your headache. Have you tried taking something sweet before you go to the gym? I see you’re not on any migraine medicine – as your doctor for something like Maxalt® as this is more effective in treating migraine than the medication you’re currently taking. The other (probably better) option would be to just go to the gym at night and see what happens. Good luck.
PS. If you’re interested in something I wrote on migraines a while ago you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za.