Question
Posted by: B | 2004/02/06

Migraine Treatment Trepiline-Looking for an alternative

I have suffered severe migraine attacks for most of my life (43 now).A neurologist prescribed Trepiline as a preventative measure in 1999.Whilst this has been the most effective treatment for migraine in my case,there is a big downside to the use of Trepiline.Trepiline can cause bladder retention which ultimately leads to severe bladder infections which is exactly what is happening in my case. Is there any other medication similar to Trepiline which I can try for the treatment of migraine, as I am presently having to take Antibiotics virtually every 3 months?
Many Thanks
B

B, Trepiline® is a very safe medication and if it works for you, I would try lowering the dosage before you change to a different drug. Let me know how much you’re taking and we’ll take it from there. Please let me know as a new question to ensure that I get it. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/10

If you use Aspartame (found in Coke Lite and other "diet" products) then stop.

Aspartame use can cause or aggravate migrane.

Do a search on Google for "Aspartame". There are currently about 231 000 items indexed by Google.

Reply to Nutrition Nut