Question
Posted by: Superman | 2007/07/24

Migraine, sensitive back muscles/skin

I ran a halfmarathon two weeks ago and suffered from some food poisoning two days after the race. I recovered from the food poisoning last Mon-Fri but had quite a busy wining and dining weekend this past weekend. From Saturday to last night (monday) I had been suffering from migraine. On Monday morning it was not just my head aching but also my insides just above my stomach that I could feel was not 100% - my back muscles and skin was very sensitive. I normally never get any headaches or migraines and are quite a healthy person although the week after my race I did not eat very healthy. I drank a lot of water yesterday as I was afraid I might be dehydrated. Today I am feeling a lot better - no migraine, but still have some stiff back muscles. I have no symptoms of flu whatsoever. Do you have any idea what happened to me? Thanks. Sman

Dear Superman

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The marathon, along with the food poisoning, could have caused dehydration. From there the headaches, as well as your other symptoms. The stiff back muscles can be due to the exercise.

Seeing that the symptoms are clearing up, I would suggest that you monitor the situation and if any symptoms return, that you consult a GP.

Kind regards