Question
Posted by: Minime | 2006/07/19

Migraine Clinic

My maid's daughter (age 3) has seizures quite regularly and was not informed by her GP that it's epileptic/sy (spell?) and I was told that the childs needs to go to a migraine clinic, where in Joburg is one please? She's lives on the west rand and works in the northern suburbs.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Minime

If your maid's daughter suffers from seizures, then she doesn't need a migraine clinic. The person she has to consult is a Neurologist. There should be neurological services at all the major hospitals (state and private), so the best solution is for her to phone her nearest hospital and ask if they have a neurologist.