Question
Posted by: Dieter | 2004/10/26

midmorning and mid afternoon snack

Help!!! im busy dieting (rather healthy eating and exercise)
I eat 6 times a day! But my problem is, when im in a hurry or if i run out i dont take some of my foods to work with me! now the problem is when i get hungry mid morn or afternoon and want a snack, all i have is Pick n Pay around the corner! what can i buy from supermarkets as a snack that is healthy and wont put on the pounds. I know chips are a No, but what else? besides Fruit.
Please help. thanks.

Dear Dieter
You can buy that fruit, fat-free yoghurt or cottage cheese, Provitas, rice cakes, even certain vegetables make good low-energy snacks, e.g. baby tomatoes, celery sticks, baby carrots, etc. Sugarless chewing gum also helps you get though some of the cravings as it has been demonstrated that chewing a sweet-tasting gum which does not contain any energy, will still keep the hunger pangs at bay.

4
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/26

u shouldnt really eat lots of nuts and stuff, although they have a lot of important fats in them etc, too many of them is just not healthy! Dried fruit isn't too great either as far as i know, because of the manner in which they're dried plus they're also very high in sugar ( from what understand ). Snack rather on veggies or fruit (like berries and strawberries or citrus), carrots etc, lowfat yoghurt (LOW FAT EVERYTHING). If you MUST have chocolate have a couple squares of DARK chocolate.

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Avie | 2004/10/26

What about a packet of dried fruit / saltanas / nuts? Also if you are a bit more hungry - what about provita / rye crackers. I'm not a big fan of yoghurt - so i get some low fat cottage or cream cheese and eat of provita etc.

Reply to Avie
Posted by: Foxy | 2004/10/26

Why don't you try rice cakes, or like Kasandra said l/fat or fat free yoghurt. I've found that drinking lots of water also helps to get rid of that empty spot!!! good luck.

Reply to Foxy
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/26

I have found that yogurt *low fat* or "fat free" mixed with a banana does wonders for my energy levels and also to tackle that hungry spot.

Reply to Kasandra