Question
Posted by: LadyE | 2005/01/07

Midlife Crisis - What now?

On the 14th December 2004 I woke up next to my husband or so it seems. Only the man I knew for 5 years were gone. He said he wants to be free. He also confessed to several sexual things. He apologized and said that he will work hard on our relationship and that he really cares about me but that the passion he felt for me is gone. My question is: What do I do now? I have read an article about this and it said that very few relationships survives this. At the moment we are trying to put it behind us and move on but it is not a good feeling to know that the man Iove and feel passionate about doesn't feel the same about me. I guess one's pride will always get in the way. I want to know if it is even worth trying and hanging in because while I am giving him the space now to sort himself out my needs are not being met. Please give some advice.

LadyE,
You husband may be slightly dramatising a situation in which he has temporarily lost direction. IT IS worth trying to sort this out, especially because he says he wants to work on the relationship. Call FAMSA and organize marriage counselling for the pair of you, and there's a good chance things can be worked out and maybe improve on the situation that has been typical of the relationship lately.