Question
Posted by: blossom | 2008/01/22

middle aged spread

i have tried everything to get ride of my 2 rolls on flat above and below my belly button (not that i can see it!). any ideas? i am 51.

Dear Blossom
If you are generally overweight then it is essential to lose weight all round. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you do join a gym then ask the instructor to give you a set of exercises that target the tummy (e.g. sit-ups, etc) and do additional work on these problem areas. If this still does not help, then it may be necessary to consult a surgeon about a tummy tuck.

1
Posted by: RS | 2008/05/20

I am a 35 year old female and I excercise 3-4 times a weeksI consisting of 5-10 KM runs or 40 min cardio and 20 minute wieght traing sessions I am not strict on what the activity is as long as there is activity and a variation. I am also a conscientious eater I dont diet but I eat healthily . I was very happy with my fitness and my body until recently I find that I have gained fat around my midsection ,this is really annoying me , what am I doing wrong or not doing ?

Reply to RS