Question
Posted by: Suzi | 2005/12/12

Mid Life Crisis

My husband turns 50 next year and he is now not happy with his life. A month ago, he wanted to move out and get a divorce. When I told him it will be his duty to tel the children (which is both grown up) he decided he did'nt want to spoil their holiday. When I asked him if he really want to move, his reply was that he is not sure anymore. He said he does not love me any more, I have cryed about this a lot, but decided that you cannot make someone love you and also told him so. He is making life difficult for me, because he wanted to take me to dinner on the weekend. What am I to read in this?

It's not unusual to exprience concerns and dissatisfaction around mid-life, but one is foolish to make major and hard to reverse decisions rather than to seek counselling so as to get things into perspective. Get both of you into mariage counselling, and see what you two can work out, working together with expert guidance

1
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/12

Hi Suzi - Everyone experience age differently. A collegue , about to turn 40, once asked me if the sex would be the same after 40. I asked him what it was like during that week - his answer - fantastic. I said "well tomorrow will just be as fantastic"

I think what he needs is a lot of reassurance about him, firstly as a human being, and as a man. Let him take u to dinner and treat him with love, respect and make him feel good. Let him see that he still is the MAN in your life.

Reply to Jakes