Question
Posted by: petra | 2005/11/21

microval and menstruating?

Dear Doc

I have been breastfeeding the past 11 months (I'm on Microval). But the past few weeks I've been having my periods every two weeks.

I know spotting and even the return of your periods are normal while breastfeeding and taking Microval, but a full blown menstual cycle every two weeks for the third time running?

What is going on with my body???
My gynae has los his youngest son in a horrible freak accident and I don/t have the guts to face him now with my problems. Could you please help?

Kind regards
Petra

This can be a side effect of Microval. If you are to stop breastfeeding soon, the easiest solution would be to go on to the combined pill.