Posted by: Jenni | 2009/06/17


As a small business owner do I have to belong to MIBCO?
We have a small business in which we employ 2 staff members. We pay our fees regularly to MIBCO, but due to their systems and dictatorial attitude find it impossible. The do not pick up our payments in their bank in time and we are threatened with legal action regularly. As we inherited the status quo when we bought the business, can we get out of belonging to MIBCO? We have a motor accessory business.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


All small businesses in the building industry do have to belong to the Bargaining Council. It is suggested that you do approach them on the basis of an exemption which can be granted to you under various circumstances. The inspectors do have the ability to grant that and to give you advice.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.