Question
Posted by: Nelia | 2007/12/13

Metrorrhagia

I am 20 years old and suffer from bleeding almost al the time. I was in hospital 3 times had a d&c, cyklokapron and also was given estrogen terapy. Nothing seemed to help. When a G.P. put me on ovral my menstruation was under control with no bleeding in between my cycles. Because I am so young the doctor only give me it for 6 months and put me back on triphasil and since then I am bleeding most of the time. it is affecting my work, myself because I am feeling tired all the time. I cannot live with this anymore because nothing seems to work. Can you perhaps give me advice or can refer me to a specialist who are capable to help me.

I would suggest that you try Nordette instead of Triphasil. See a gynaecologist if this does not help.

2
Posted by: sunshine | 2008/06/19

I am 27 years of age only have one child 8 years of age. A year ago I had termination of pregnancy done at a proffesional clinique.I felt everything went well. Since about 2 months ago,I am experienicng continous bleeding. I am not even sure if it is my periods.It is not excessive,but it's every day.it's a little blood with small brownish clots.I am not sure what the problem is.I have never had a pap smear,I am planning to go next weekend for the first time in my life.My general health is ok accept that i suffered from a bladder infection about a week ago. My GP said it could be caused by the bleeding as blood can cause infection.I also had an episode of hot flushes about twice. Could i be going through early menopause? I 'm really planning to have kids in the future so I am terribly worried.I dont have any stressat the moment.i feel tired sometimes but I suppose it normal because I sleep late.

Reply to sunshine
Posted by: SSS | 2008/04/09

Can you refer me to a doctor that understands and treats metrorrhagia in South Africa?

Reply to SSS